Welcome to the Kingdom of Crystal Giants. Open to the public for the first time in 2013, the Grotto de la Salamandre is open to both tourists and those who are looking for a variety of sensations or who are looking for a new adventure. The interpretive trail marks the beginning of the experience in the heart of unspoilt nature.
Share your emotions through the five visit opportunities:
- The Belvedere and its incredible panoramic view, wheelchair accessible (unique in Europe);
- The Guided Tour, an exciting journey of about an hour in the heart of a huge space adorned with splendid titanic concretions highlighted and in sounds;
- For adrenaline lovers, the Grand Rappel: 50m of descent to discover the huge room by its ceiling, with friends or family. Emotion guaranteed and… shared!
- Les Coulisses de la Salamandre: 2h30 of caving in the hidden rooms of the Grotto, a captivating fun, aesthetic and a bit sporty yet.
- The extraordinary flight in Aéroplume©, a unique experience in the world to discover the Grotto from the air. After slipping into a cocoon fixed under the ball, the pilot will move smoothly thanks to his two large “fins”.
Events punctuate the life of the site, such as the Avens Trail, unusual visits or the many Mardis Live concerts offered in season.
Outside, eco-responsible buildings are covered with solar panels, producing most of the energy used to illuminate the Cave. The welcoming structure nestled on the cliff side, houses a pretty boutique of original items as well as a snack bar offering good products to taste on the magnificent terrace overlooking a wild and preserved garrigue. In the immediate vicinity, the addict-bambino will allow the little ones to live their own adventure in a suspended course surrounded by safety nets. While waiting for the visit or to extend the moment, young and old will be able to learn about the discovery of minerals thanks to the nuggets River. With the help of a sieve, the whole family will slip into the skin of a stone seeker and take away his precious finds.